Over the past month, we have profiled 6 remarkable local students here on the blog. (Click on a photo to read the post.)
But it simply isn’t enough to acknowledge great students.
As a business community, we have to support them on an ongoing basis as they get their sea legs in the professional world.
Not just this tremendous group, but students period.
Here’s how we can do that:
- Follow them on Twitter.
- Connect with them at networking events. Invite them to join you at one.
- Read their blog posts, comment on them and share them.
- Check out their Linkedin profiles.
- Point them in the direction of opportunities you hear of.
- Recommend them.
- Offer to meet with them to find out how you might be able to help.
- Mentor them.
- Introduce them to people who could benefit them.
- Offer to speak at their schools.
- Invite them in to your business as interns.
Most importantly, we need to make this a regular part of how we work. These 6 top students are just the tip of an iceberg flowing out of our schools and into our work force. I could have written dozens of profiles. Who are their advocates in the community if not us?
We are all students at some stage making the transition into the working world.
What are you doing for a student this week?